Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Induction Into Blogdom

I am just going to say it. This is my very first blog post, and I am slightly more than terrified to do this... to blog. I resisted for a long time, creating silly excuses to avoid it. However, those excuses have all been exhausted. I did finally find the time to create a decent looking blog page. I did finally buy the fancy-shmancy external flash for my camera, which means I can now instantly take fantastic food photos... as soon as I figure out how to attach it to my camera and turn the darn thing on. I did finally join a few baking clubs, which I am super excited to participate in. So, off I go into the wondrous and vast world of food blogging.



If you care to join me on my adventure, here are a few things about me you may want to keep in mind:

(1) I do not take myself seriously, and either will this blog.  It is meant to be a fun, lighthearted record of my baking adventures. There will be posts about my cake business as well as thoughts on the successes and failures from my baking endeavors. It should be a lot of fun, and hopefully someone out there will learn a little something from one of my posts. If not, will someone please lie to me and say they did :)

(2) I am a terrible speller. I was the first one out of Mrs. Mallis's third grade spelling bee for spelling the word e-i-t-h-e-r wrong. It was traumatic, but I rebounded and befriended spell check. It is no surprise to me that it is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Err, at least I think it is. No? Well, it should be.

(3) I have a tendency to use long, flowery sentence with an abundance of unnecessary commas and too many prepositional phrases. I don't notice I am doing it, and I don't really know what it means, but apparently I do. It is what it is, and neither my dad nor my English teachers could stop it, much to their chagrin.

(4) I am a total blogging virgin. I am sure that I will butcher the terminology and violate some existing 'blogging' etiquette that I am unaware of. It is bound to happen at some point, I am sure. All I ask is that you please laugh appropriately, and then send me a note, preferably of the kindhearted variety, letting me know that I goofed.

Well, I guess that wraps it up for now. I hope anyone that reads this will check back in again... yes, that means you Mom and Dad :)





Wait! Don't go yet! I am happy to announce that I have my first follower... Hi honey! Don't forget to pick up some milk on your way home from work :)

 Happy baking!

 ~ Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, and thanks for stopping in :)